Our mission: Improve Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) education by providing affordable rental robots.
Despite the attention and support provided educational science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) programs, the demand for hands-on learning often outstrips available tools.
That's where we come in.
We fill the void between the good intentions of STEM programs and the challenges facing the teams tasked to make them happen.
We've taken on this mission to help improve America's competitiveness in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
Our focus: Lego Mindstorms NXT kit
Our price: $30 / month.
These rentals have the following goals:
- more hands-on time with robots and programming
- more learning opportunities
- more and greater fulfillment of learning objectives
- more students advancing academically
- Customer Resource Leverage: We provide access to more robots than direct purchase of complete kits would realize.
- Customer Resource Conservation: We preempt customer investment dead time. When the specific educational program is complete, the robots return to support the next customer, and don't sit on a shelf waiting for next year's event.
- Dependable Planning: Customers can schedule kits for a set period and know they'll be ready and delivered on time.
By sharing resources, we improve access to the tools.
Customers can be anyone interested in robotics learning
- Education Professionals and Outreach programs
- Clubs and teams like 4H, FIRST LEGO League, and Junior FIRST LEGO League Teams
- Elementary and Middle School Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) programs
- Community College Robotics courses for children and adults
- LEGO and Robotics Hobbyists
What's in the Box?
We offer a couple of options:
- Partial Sets with Assembled Robots
Choose these if your primary goal is to teach programming or to preclude the distractions that come with having many, many Lego parts available.
We've used these to good effect with the teams we mentor.
- Full LEGO Mindstorms Education Kits (Part # W979797)
Choose these if just starting out.
By having all the standard kit parts available, customers will be able to develop a robot and many attachments needed for learning objectives, competition, etc.
Decisions, Decisions, Decisions
We realize every situation is unique and are ready to answer your questions and help you decide, regardless of your robot provider selection.
Rental Agreement Take a look through the standard rental agreement prior to renting.
A note about software
We think most customers have already chosen the programming software they want to use. Because of this, we don't plan to offer software as part of the rental packages, but will work to connect you with the best software provider.
And if there's enough interest, we will develop a method to provide the programming software.
Contact us to learn more.
Interested in renting? Tell us:
- how many robots you need,
- how long you need them, and
- when you need them.
We will follow up as soon as possible.
New Developments Coming
Our web site is a work in progress. Come back to see updates like tutorials, reviews of programming software, pointers to references, and much, much more!
New! See a Data Logging MyBlock and examples for its use.
See the Updated Turning Tutorial (10 mb): See how to make precise turns and make a robot drive along a regular polygon.
See the old version of the Turning Tutorial (2 mb)
See our Press Release from Robot Fest 2010.